Training Dates: June 2 part session: June 8 and 9 from 8:30am-11:30am Pacific Time Zone
Level of course content: Beginner, Intermediate, Professional
Training Flyer: Click Here To Download
REQUIRED MATERIALS: Kimochis® Educator’s Tool Kit: Elementary Edition (Grades 1-5)
Teaches children how to express and regulate their feelings, understand the emotions of others, and establish and maintain healthy social relationships. The Kimochis® Keys to Communication provide children the words and actions that promote social-emotional development, support positive behavior and contribute to academic success. These strategies help children to listen, speak and act in ways that keep a strong communication connection with each other, even in challenging social situations!
Lessons and activities from the educator’s guide that utilize strategies from a restorative practices model, such as discussion, conferencing and circles, will be outlined. Participants will be introduced to the Kimochis® “emotional vocabulary” that gives educators, parents and children a common language to guide positive behavior in social and academic settings. The unique and compelling Kimochis® characters and feelings that engage children, and keep the learning fun and interesting will be presented.
At the completion of this training, participants will feel prepared to introduce the Kimochis® program as a prevention and intervention tool that will help to build a strong, mutually respectful, safe and inclusive school community!
- Describe the Kimochis® Keys to Communication
- Explain how to use social-emotional tools to promote social and academic success for children
- Describe how to use the Kimochis® characters and feelings using strategies form restorative practices approach
- Identify how the Kimochis® characters and feelings can promote interesting and fun learning in a variety of educational settings
- Collaborate with educators and families to create intervention that promotes social-emotional development in all children
Click here for Continuing Education information. (CEUs)
TRAINING CANCELLATION/REFUND TERMS
Over 30 days before the Training date: cost minus $50
15 days before the Training date: 50% of cost
Less than 15 days before the Training date: No refund