Join this highly engaging workshop to help promote emotional intelligence and wellbeing in preschool, TK, and elementary (K-5) classes. Foster the five core social and emotional competencies outlined by the Collaborative for Academic and Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) to create emotionally strong and resilient students. These strategies help students to listen, speak, and act in ways that keep a strong communication connection with each other, even in challenging social and academic situations! Lessons and activities from the Kimochis curriculum utilize strategies from a restorative practices model and can be used as part of your school/organization’s positive behavior intervention supports (PBIS). Participants will be introduced to the Kimochis “emotional vocabulary” and SEL Tool Box that gives educators, parents, and children a common language to guide positive behavior in social and academic settings. At the completion of this workshop, participants will feel prepared to introduce the Kimochis multidimensional intervention system as a prevention and intervention tool that will help build a strong, mutually respectful, safe, and inclusive school community!
- Understand and articulate how to set up the Kimochis Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Program in the classroom, and how to integrate SEL throughout the school day, to promote emotional intelligence and wellbeing.
- Learn how to adjust the facilitation of the Kimochis (SEL) program to meet the varied development needs of students across all grades within your school.
- Express the connection between feelings and behavior and demonstrate how to use Kimochis as part of your school’s positive behavior intervention support (PBIS).
- Demonstrate how to respond with positive discipline to the top five challenging behaviors in early childhood through grade 5, using the Kimochis Keys to Communication, Feeling Pillows, and the Kimochis Characters.
- Create a simple plan for how to collaborate with parents so school and home use a common language to promote SEL wellbeing.